Click here to print and mail application along with fees. We cannot reserve your box until we receive these items.
Donelson Community Gardens
PO BOX 148861
Nashville TN 37214
Please read before submitting an application
A SIGNED APPLICATION/AGREEMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE PLANTING, GROWING OR HARVESTING IN THE GARDEN.
Donelson Community Gardens Use Policy 2017
Please read these rules carefully. It is a significant commitment of time and energy to be part of a community garden.All gardeners should be aware that the property on which the Heartland Site of Donelson Community Gardens is located is public property owned by the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County. Metro Government graciously allows use of the space for this garden site by way of an annual lease agreement at no charge to Donelson Community Gardens (DCG).
Accessibility. We endeavor to make our garden sites accessible to those individuals having disabilities that may impair mobility and have designated plots using raised beds for their exclusive use.Children. We encourage family participation and children are most welcome at all of our garden sites. Children aged 12 and younger require adult supervision at all times. A separate area is provided at the Heartland Site for children to grow their own plants.Community service. Donelson Community Gardens is community-focused and encourages participants to engage their neighbors, help others in need and promote social responsibility by offering educative programs and service-learning opportunities to young and old alike.
Emergencies. In the event of an emergency, immediately call 911; and in non-life-threatening situations, call (615) 862-8600. All participants acknowledge that DCG and/or its directors are not liable for garden damage due to Nature, acts of God, wildlife or other unforeseen circumstances.
✤ Donelson Community Gardens. We are responsible for the following:
‣ Garden preparation and plot assignment
‣ Soil testing and amendment
‣ Plowing and/or tilling
‣ Use of OMRI-labeled fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides
‣ Maintenance of all common areas and paths‣ Maintenance of community benefit garden
‣ Composting and rainwater collection
‣ Providing tools for communal use
✤ Participants. Participants are responsible for the following:
‣ Reasonably maintain assigned plot
‣ Removal and disposal of plant refuse, i.e. husks, dried vines, etc.
‣ Return of cleaned communal tools after use
‣ Watering assigned plot while practicing wise water use. This includes bringing your own water for raised beds.
>Cleaning out garden box at the end of season and moving plant material to compost bins.
*Hours of operation. All sites shall maintain operating hours from dawn to dusk.Inclement weather. In the event of lightning or hazardous weather, we ask that all work cease until the weather passes or that shelter is taken as necessary to promote safety and well-being of all participants.
Liability release. All participant applications shall be accompanied by a signed and notarized liability release to be kept on file by DCG.Prohibitions.
The following materials are disallowed at all DCG sites:
‣ Drugs and illegal substances, including medical marijuana, are prohibited from all garden sites
.‣ Illicit behavior and disorderly conduct shall not be tolerated.
‣ The use of manures, herbicides and pesticides by participants is prohibited at all gardensites. The use of bio-solids is expressly prohibited.‣ Invasive species are disallowed at all sites; should a species be identified, it shall be removed.
‣ All pets are prohibited within garden sites at all times. (This is strictly enforced for the safety of our gardeners.) No pets inside the fence.
* Tobacco products and their use are strongly discouraged in an effort to promote healthy lifestyles and a family-friendly atmosphere for participants of all ages. Tobacco use is not allowed inside the fenced garden area.
No grilling, unauthorized planting or social activities not given prior approval are allowed on the site.
No building of any structure is allowed on the premises. Planting is only allowed in assigned box. Please only harvest from the box you are assigned. If you participate in the communal row gardens you will be shown what areas to use and we will work as a team to plant, cultivate and harvest crops.
Tools and equipment. Each garden site shall have available for communal use such tools as may be required to properly maintain participant plots, i.e. hoes, rakes, spades, etc. Participants are asked to clean and return all tools after their use.
Trash. Participants are asked to remove their own garbage and refuse upon leaving a garden site.
Our goal is to maintain a ecologically-friendly environment.
Vehicles. Participants are discouraged from using vehicles within all garden sites. NO vehicles are allowed within the fenced area.
Should it be necessary, we ask that you first contact a member of our board of directors. 615-739-7666
Water. Gardeners are encouraged to practice water-wise gardening techniques and will be asked to bring your own water for raised beds and boxes to help conserve water on the grounds.
NO DUMPING OF ANY MATERIAL IS ALLOWED ON THE GARDEN SITE. DONATIONS OF SEEDS, ETC. ARE APPRECIATED BUT LEASE SET UP A TIME TO MEET WITH OUR DIRECTOR TO LEAVE THEM WITH US. THANK YOU.
These terms of service are in place to promote a safe and friendly gardening experience for everyone.
Those who are found in violation of these terms will be issued one warning.
A second offense is grounds for termination of use of assigned plot.
Rental and participation in Donelson Community Gardens is contingent on reading and agreeing to the above terms of service.
Please check box to indicate acceptance and agreement to terms of service before filling out the application below.